VHA owns and manages 52 three and four-bedroom single family homes throughout Clark County under the Cougar Homes programs. Applicants must be at least 18 years old, and meet occupancy standards and income limits shown below. Tenant rents are based on 30% of adjusted household income.
Residents who live in our Cougar Homes enjoy the privacy and amenities of a single family home in neighborhoods of like homes. Residents are responsible for maintaining the house as well as the yard, and pay all utilities. A utility allowance is included in the rent calculation to offset the cost of utilities. The homes have garages, private yards, carpet, washer & dryer hookups, and some fencing.
Cougar Homes Income Limits
|Family Members||80% (Low Income)|
Cougar Homes Occupancy Standards
|Number of Bedrooms||Number of Persons|
VHA will assign one bedroom for each two persons within the household, except in the following circumstances:
- Persons of the opposite sex (other than spouses/significant others, and children under the age of 5) will not be required to share a bedroom.
- Persons of different generations will not be required to share a bedroom.
- Live-in aids will be allocated a separate bedroom. No additional bedroom will be provided for the live-in aid's family.
VHA also provides families 122 property-managed units in several small developments throughout Clark County called VHA Apartment Homes, and 138 units at Skyline Crest in the Vancouver Heights neighborhood. These include one, two, three, and four-bedroom units. VHA is the landlord for these properties. Applicants must meet our screening criteria. Skyline Crest also houses our community center, and the OK 2 Boys & Girls Club.
The subsidy for these units fall under the Section 8 Project Based Voucher program. Applicants must meet eligibility requirements for that program through the Section 8 department. Residents will continue to work with Section 8 staff in completing annual reviews of rent determination.
For information about applying for housing for families:
- Check the Open Wait List to see which properties are currently accepting applications
- Call the automated VHA waitlist line at (360) 993-9575