VHA provides accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities. Accommodations can include changes to your apartment or building such as grab bars or a ramp, or changes to VHA rules and policies. A request cannot cause a great financial burden. It also cannot change the basic nature of a housing program.

VHA may need to verify your disability and that your request is needed. You will be asked to provide the name and contact information for a person qualified to provide this proof, such as a doctor or social worker.

VHA has a Reasonable Accommodations form for you to use to make a request, but you are not required to use our form. Give your request to your property manager or housing specialist.

VHA will try to answer your request within 10 days, but it may take longer if we have to check with the person you provided to prove your need.

  • We may ask you for more information.
  • We may suggest another accommodation to the one you asked for.
  • We may also ask to meet with you in the office, by phone or at your apartment.

Related documents:

Reasonable Accommodations Request form

504/ADA Coordinator Notice

Get connected

Did you know that VHA offers services like education and employment programs, service coordinators for seniors, and activities at the community center for residents of VHA subsidized housing and Section 8 housing?

Learn more

Already completed your application?
Visit the Applicant Portal
Has it been at least 15 calendar days since you completed your application?
You can get information about your application status, update your mailing address, and let us know about any changes in your circumstances by visiting our Applicant Portal.

Emergency housing

If you are currently homeless and seeking emergency shelter and/or housing assistance, please call the Council for the Homeless Housing Solutions:

11:00am-2:00pm Sat/Sun

Address change?

If you have already applied for a housing program, please make sure that we always have your current mailing address. Mail returned by the Post Office will cause your name to be removed from the waitlist. You may update your address through the Applicant PortalApplicant Portal or by:

  1. Download and print the Update Form for Assisted Housing
  2. Complete the form
  3. Mail the completed form to 2500 Main Street #100, Vancouver, WA 98660-2697