Vancouver Housing Authority offers several programs and resources to help low-income families, elderly, and disabled in Clark County find housing that they can afford. Getting started can be a challenge, but we are here to help you find the resources you need.

You may qualify for one or more housing assistance programs. It is best to begin with the program that best describes your situation. For example, veterans should get in touch with the Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) program, and people with chronic illness should learn more about our Special Needs housing program. Section 8 and Subsidized Housing programs are available for qualified applicants in our area.

Other housing is available for low-income families and individuals even if you do not qualify for Section 8 vouchers or our subsidized housing programs. You may be able to find affordable housing in Clark County that you qualify for based on your income or situation. 

Learn more about our housing programs and resources:

Already completed your application?
Visit the Applicant Portal
Has it been at least 15 calendar days since you completed your application?
You can get information about your application status, update your mailing address, and let us know about any changes in your circumstances by visiting our Applicant Portal.

Emergency housing

If you are currently homeless and seeking emergency shelter and/or housing assistance, please call the Council for the Homeless Housing Solutions:

11:00am-2:00pm Sat/Sun

Address change?

If you have already applied for a housing program, please make sure that we always have your current mailing address. Mail returned by the Post Office will cause your name to be removed from the waitlist. You may update your address through the Applicant Portal or by:

  1. Download and print the Update Form for Assisted Housing
  2. Complete the form
  3. Mail the completed form to 2500 Main Street #100, Vancouver, WA 98660-2697