Filing Claims

Washington state law requires that you notify the Vancouver Housing Authority of a claim prior to filing a lawsuit against it. VHA has 60 days after a claim has been submitted to accept or reject the claim. To direct a claim to VHA, fill out the following form:

Tort Claim Form

VHA will not accept claim forms submitted to any location other than as instructed on the tort claim form. Provide as much information as possible with the form, including copies of all repair bills or estimates, medical bills, photographs, and any other supporting documents. Please remember that the investigative process may take some time.