GIrl drawing a picture

Housing Choice vouchers

To apply for Housing Choice vouchers, you must have a referral code. If you are homeless and have school-age children attending Clark County schools, please contact your school’s Family-Community Resource Center for assistance. If you are homeless, participate in Washington State’s Health Home medical care coordination, and have insurance through Molina or Community Health Plan, please contact your Health Home coordinator.

Project Based Vouchers

Each project based voucher community is unique in its location and design. You must apply separately to each property. 

Voucher Wait List Status


If you are a veteran, please contact the VA for referral to the VASH program. The VA has screenings for VASH referrals Mondays 8:00 am to 3:00 pm and Thursdays 10:00 am to 3:00 pm at the VA Vancouver Campus, 1601 E Fourth Plain Blvd, Building 18.

Learn more

Family Unification Program

If you have children in foster care or are a youth aging out of foster care, please speak with your DSHS caseworker about referral for FUP vouchers.

Learn more

Eligibility for Housing

In addition to preferences for each waitlist, applicants must meet the following income guidelines:

Number of people
in household
Maximum income
1 26,150
2 29,900
3 33,650
4 37,350
5 40,350
6 43,350
7 46,350
8 49,350
9 52,300
10 55,300

Section 8 Hours

Section 8 has different business hours than other departments. Visitors are seen by appointment only, except for during walk-in hours:

- Document dropoff only
- No visits or calls

Emergency housing

If you are currently homeless and need emergency shelter, please call the Council for the Homeless Housing Solutions:


Address change?

If you have already applied for a housing program, please make sure that we always have your current mailing address. Mail returned by the Post Office will cause your name to be removed from the waitlist. You may update your address through the Applicant Portal or by:

  1. Download and print the Update Form for Assisted Housing
  2. Complete the form
  3. Mail the completed form to 2500 Main Street #100, Vancouver, WA 98660-2697

Section 8 Housing Map